Wednesday, October 28, 2015

10 Tips to Pass PSM Scrum Master Assesment

1. I visited the official Scrum course with an official trainer.
2. I read the book: Scrum and XP from the Trenches - 2nd Edition. Why? I thought, if I'm not working doing Scrum, daily, I want to see and understand how it works, how others do. It's not the same to read something as living and having the experience weekly, monthly,yearly.
3. Everyone uses now You Tube, I searched randomly Scrum Videos, tutorials, in english and in my native language to enhance and reinforce what I have read in the Scrum Book(1)and learned at the course. So, instead watching TV, I launched YouTube every night for an hour and learned with free videos.
4. I read the official Scrum Guide, of course we must read this.
5. I scored betwenn 95-97 and 100 points in the open free official assesments in the last 2 weeks fast daily, before teh exam date.(www.scrum.org/Assessments)
6. I tried also the PO and Developer free assesments at the same site a few times, not scoring 100, but to know the stuff and cover other weaknesses
7. I downloaded a free pdf from Management Plaza, with 2 free assesments question and answers at the end of the book.
8. I payed 7.99usd (1 week usage) for an assesment subscription at Agile Boston Site to extend the Q&A spectrum, that was also good so, because I knew i had one week subscription to sharp my knowledge and not extend the assesment date.
9. I set my assesment date inmediately the day after I tried Agile Boston Training. Why? in many certification goals, people tend to study and delay the exam date, even if they feel already prepared. So I thought, If I did my homework and I feel prepared, why delay the assesment?
10. This is just a path guys, everyone can find his way, I just can say you, that discipline, schedules and a strong goal will make almost every certification or objective, achieved. So, go focus on your goal 1-2 months, make your daily homework(little daily goals), learn the stuff, test yourself and that's it. I hope you get this cert also and can promote you to the job you desire and better your life.

In the next days I will share you the section/area from the assesment which I found difficult and is maybe the generalized weakness in this year for some guys who can not pass the exam.(Cross-Functional and self-organizing teams).

If you want to know about newly updated posts, please suscribe to the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment